For Veterans, it’s often hard to see and experience the improvements and transformation they hear about at VA. Demonstrating value and impact is challenging. The role of innovation is to make change real, personal, and accessible to Veterans wherever they live or receive care. It’s also a major goal of the October 22 and 23 VHA Innovation Experience (iEx). Participants will see and experience for themselves how innovation is reaching Veterans and changing their lives.
As the hub for innovations from across VHA, the iEx Experience Center (the Center) will allow participants to interact with exhibits and see how innovation is being applied and scaled at VHA facilities across the country. The Center allows innovators to create an interactive experience for Veterans, VA leaders and employees, industry leaders, and academia. The innovators will be on hand to demonstrate how their innovations are delivering direct value to Veterans, employees, and VHA partners.
Come see and experience innovation at its best! VHA innovation is driving advances in whole health for the whole Veteran by:
Leading the Way in Health Care Innovation
- 3D Printing is transforming how VHA surgeons prepare for and perform life-changing and life-saving surgeries.
- VHA Hackathons are leveraging strategic partnerships and thought leadership to identify real solutions for real challenges that Veterans face.
- Human-Centered Design provides valuable insights in Veteran care and customer service through the VHA Innovators Network’s #hackthenetwork.
- LEAF (Light Electronic Action Framework) changes the way VA employees get their work done by automating some manual, labor intensive efforts through the LEAF program.
Building Trust and Restoring Hope
- Accessing Telehealth through Local Area Stations (ATLAS) is delivering care to Veterans where they need it, when they need it, and how they need it. Visit the ATLAS booth to see how telehealth is reaching Veterans nationwide.
- Podimetrics’ Partnership with VHA is allowing Veterans with diabetes to monitor for foot ulcers before they become an issue. Attendees will go feet-on with this game-changing technology.
- Virtual Reality (VR) revolutionizes treatment definitions and deliveries. The VHA Innovation Ecosystem’s partnership with SoldierStrong will show attendees VR treatment methods in action and their benefit to Veterans.
What you will experience goes far beyond the demos and exhibits. By turning presentations and words into real, engaging, tactile experiences, the Center at iEx will show the world that innovation at VA is more than just talk. The work being done every day by VHA employees is affecting Veterans’ lives right now and everyone is welcome to experience it.
You can see and experience it all, too!
Registration is now open or you can experience the innovation live by watching the demonstrations on VA’s YouTube page. Make sure to follow along by subscribing to the VHA Innovation Ecosystem’s email below and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Learn more about all the exciting events at iEx here.