Now’s your chance to explore a dynamic career creating state-of-the-art healthcare environments for Veterans and the providers who care for them! Join VA’s virtual information technology (IT) career fair on Aug. 29, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. ET.
Learn all about careers in cybersecurity, information security, information analysis, project and management analysis, network security management and system analysis.
“Almost every part of providing healthcare to Veterans requires the smart use of information technology and sophisticated application of policies to keep data secure,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment Marketing at VA. “A VA career lets you put your IT skills into practice while serving the best customers: our Veterans.”
Check out IT careers at VA
At VA, we have IT job opportunities available for every type of skillset. You may design computer networks and systems, provide expert advice on cybersecurity issues, or offer technical support to improve the way VA responds to IT questions from patients and providers.
Explore these and other positions during the interactive career fair, where you can chat with IT recruiters about available jobs and gather more information about how to apply for specific roles. Ask about openings for the following positions:
- A supervisory IT specialist plans strategies to align cybersecurity strategy and regulatory compliance.
- Information security specialists create and implement system-security policies to protect data.
- IT specialists work on all facets of technical support services, from troubleshooting to help desk tracking.
“VA IT career professionals use analytical and technical skills to make certain that systems accessed by Veterans and their care providers work well, are intuitive and totally secure,” Sherrard said.
Enjoy a rewarding career serving Veterans
As an IT professional at VA, you may receive performance-based salary increases, accelerated raises and higher education support. These careers also come with the following benefits and perks:
- Ability to work at VA locations across the United States and its territories.
- Up to 26 days of paid time off each year, depending on specific leave tiers, that accrue right away.
- Unlimited, accumulated, paid sick leave and 10 paid federal holidays.
- Premium-support group health insurance, which may become effective on the first full pay period after start date.
- Access to a robust federal retirement package that includes a defined benefit plan (pension) after only five years of vesting and a 401(k)-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions.