Lead the largest electronic health record modernization in U.S. history for the departments of Defense (DoD) and Veterans Affairs (VA): Become the Director or Deputy Director of the Federal Electronic Health Record Modernization (FEHRM) Program Office.
DoD and VA are actively seeking a Director and Deputy Director for this Rosslyn, Virginia-based office, which is working to deliver a single, integrated electronic health record (EHR) for Veterans, service members and their families.
These senior executives will manage the healthcare information revolution as VA and DoD execute the transition to a new patient-records system. This $10 billion initiative will synchronize DoD and VA health records.
Choose VA/DoD to modernize Veterans’ care
“Integrating patient data between VA and DoD is one of the nation’s most transformational healthcare initiatives,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “These leaders will be central to the success of this effort, which will make it easier to provide seamless, quality care to service members and Veterans.”
The Director and Deputy Director are senior executives who oversee and manage joint EHR modernization programs for the Military Health System, VA and United States Coast Guard, which is under the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The Director position is allocated to DoD and reports directly to the Deputy Secretary of Defense and the Deputy Secretary of VA. The Deputy Director position is allocated to VA, and this official also reports directly to the deputy secretaries of both agencies.
Choose VA/DoD to apply your skills
Candidates for these gratifying careers should possess these and other qualifications:
- Proven ability to manage and lead a diverse professional, technical and administrative staff across multiple functional areas in a complex and dynamic environment involving multiple organizations.
- Ability to bring together divergent views for common solutions to complicated problems.
- Knowledge of laws, policies, regulations, guidelines and business imperatives that govern federal information technology (IT) investment, project management, best practices and strategic planning.
- Impeccable communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to receive and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Clearance and submit a financial disclosure statement after being hired.
These Senior Executive Service careers also come with competitive compensation, regular salary increases and a superior total rewards package that includes the following, among other, benefits:
- A sign-on bonus.
- A total of 49 days paid time off per year.
- Federal health, dental, vision, life and long-term-care insurance.
- A robust federal retirement package including a defined benefit plan (pension) after only five years of vesting and a 401(k)-type plan with up to 5% in employer contributions.
In addition, those who agree to relocate to the Rosslyn, which is in the Washington, D.C., area, may be eligible for relocation (i.e., Permanent Change of Station) assistance.
“This is a chance to serve at the highest level in government to improve healthcare for millions of service members and Veterans,” said Sherrard. “These leaders are creating a state-of-the-art health records system that empowers service members and Veterans to take charge of their health and gives providers the information they need to make care decisions.”
Choose VA/DoD today
Choose a career as the FEHRM Director or Deputy Director and modernize healthcare for our nation’s Veterans and service members.
- APPLY now: Qualified and interested candidates should use this link to submit a resume/CV. You will receive additional application instructions once the position is formally announced at USAJOBS.gov.
- LEARN about the benefits of a DoD civilian career and a VA career.
- CHECK out VA careers at VAcareers.va.gov and DoD civilian careers at https://godefense.cpms.osd.mil/index.aspx.