One of my favorite things about podcasting is learning about different parts of life and new concepts. Last week we learned about the positive effects roleplaying games have on Veterans, and this week we will learn about powerlifting. Enter: Steve Goggins.
Steve served in the US Army from September of 1983, until May of 1990. While in the Army, he served in the 82nd Airborne and was a member of the Armed Forces Powerlifting Team. He has competed in powerlifting for over 25 years and was the first powerlifter to squat 1100 pounds. He has won many titles since he started powerlifting as a teenager.
Covered in Episode 37:
- Office of Enterprise Support Services
- Interview with Army Veteran Steve Goggins
- Why he decided to join the Army
- Being a member of Armed Forces Powerlifting Team
- Transitioning out to pursue a new career
- The life of a powerlifter and coach
- His experience using VA for health care
- Reporting your experience to your patient advocate
- #VeteranOfTheDay Army Veteran David Major