Congratulations to the 32 VA medical facilities named “top performers” by the independent panel that accredits and certifies health care organizations.
“We are proud of the medical facilities that have been recognized for demonstrating VA’s commitment to provide the high-quality care our Veterans have earned through their service,” said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki. “This achievement highlights the hard work of our VA medical staff to serve Veterans.”
The recognition came from The Joint Commission, a not-for-profit organization that ensures the quality of U.S. health care by its intensive evaluation of more than 20,000 health care organization. All 151 VA medical facilities are accredited by The Joint Commission
The top performers are:
- Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- VA Loma Linda Healthcare System, Loma Linda, Calif.
- VA San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego, Calif.
- Grand Junction VA Medical Center, Grand Junction, Colo.
- Wilmington VA Medical Center, Wilmington, Del.
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, Bay Pines, Fla.
- Carl Vinson VA Medical Center, Dublin, Ga.
- Marion VA Medical Center, Marion, Ill.
- VA Northern Indiana Health Care System, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital, Columbia, Mo.
- Minneapolis VA Health Care System, Minneapolis, Minn.
- John J. Pershing VA Medical Center, Poplar Bluff, Mo.
- VA St. Louis Health Care System, St Louis, Mo.
- VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System, Reno, Nev.
- Bath VA Medical Center, Bath, N.Y.
- VA Hudson Valley Health Care System, Montrose, N.Y.
- Fargo VA Healthcare System, Fargo, N. D.
- Dayton VA Medical Center, Dayton, Ohio
- Jack C. Montgomery VA Medical Center, Muskogee, Okla.
- Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, Ore.
- James E. Van Zandt VA Medical Center, Altoona, Penn.
- Wm. Jennings Bryan Dorn VA Medical Center, Columbia, S.C.
- Mountain Home VA Medical Center, Mountain Home, Tenn.
- South Texas Health Care System, San Antonio, Texas
- White River Junction VA Medical Center, White River Junction, Vt.
- Hampton VA Medical Center, Hampton, Va.
- Spokane VA Medical Center, Spokane, Wash.
- Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center, Clarksburg, W.Va.
- Martinsburg VA Medical Center, Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Huntington VA Medical Center, Huntington, W.Va.
- William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, Wis.
- Clement J. Zablocki VA Medical Center, Milwaukee, Wis.
Click here to read the full Department of Veterans Affairs press release.