This week’s wrapup of Veterans news and resources:
- July 27 marks the 60th anniversary of the armistice that ended the Korean War. Stars & Stripes has a great report from the Korean War Memorial, and the U.S. Army put together photos, videos and articles on the history. Additionally, both President Obama and Defense Secretary Hagel offered their reflections.
- Veterans are used to adapting to tough situations, working in small teams, and operating in high stress environments. Sounds like a small business doesn’t it? Learn how to create your own business, get information on upcoming conferences, and more.
- Recent statistics have shown the unemployment rate among new Veterans has equalized to the national rate among civilians. Both rates are at about seven percent, while the rate for all Veterans has consistently stayed below the national rate. This isn’t a time to celebrate, as too many Vets are still out of work. So if you’re looking for a job or need to shake up your career, check out a Hiring our Heroes career fair in your area.
- With no down payment needed, VA-backed home loans are among the best in the business. If you’re looking to buy your own home, check out our resource page for more information and to see if you qualify.
- The fastest way to get VA news and information is from our Facebook and Twitter pages. Every VA medical center is now on Facebook, and new Twitter feeds are going up every week. Find your facility here.