There are now two million Veterans and service members using the online tool eBenefits to access information about their military and Veteran benefits.
This month, we launched even more features, allowing users to:
- Track compensation and pension claims throughout the claims process with processing times now displayed for each phase of an open claim
- View your current Veterans service representative, search for all representatives in your area and use Google Maps to find the nearest Veterans service representative’s office
- Determine retirement benefits with a new benefits calculator for Reservists
eBenefits now has 45 self-service features that give users instant access to benefits information and the ability to download copies of their official VA and military correspondence. Some of the new and most popular features are:
- Single sign on from eBenefits to Tricare Online and My HealtheVet
- Quick transfer of Post-9/11 education benefits for eligible service members
- Update direct deposit information
- Download a VA Home Loan Certificate of Eligibility
- Request official military personnel file
- Download VA letters
- Check the status of a Veteran’s disability claim and appeal
To access all of the eBenefits features you need a free premium account, which gives you the highest level of access to eBenefits (including checking a claim status online). This upgrade requires identity verification that can now be done online using our new “wizard” feature. Most people will be able to verify their identity by answering a few security questions, or by using their Common Access Card.
Check back as we continue to launch new features, making it easier to access your Veterans and military records online. Please, help us improve the tool by sharing your own thoughts on how to improve eBenefits. We look forward to your comments.
To share information about how to access and use eBenefits with your friends and colleagues, share this factsheet on Facebook and Twitter.
Samantha O’Neil is a communications specialist with the Veterans Benefits Administration.