Public Service Recognition Week (PSRW) is celebrated annually during the first week of May. Since 1985, the observance has honored federal, state, county and local government employees.
Public servants are on the front lines guarding our national security. Also, they cure diseases, care for Veterans and provide important services to the American people.
Since the founding of our country, public employees have worked to ensure our government is the best in the world.
The photo above was taken in 2019.
VA’s Office of Resolution Management, Diversity & Inclusion (ORMDI) leads VA’s celebration of VA employees’ dedicated service to our nation’s Veterans. It has a schedule of virtual PSRW activities and events to celebrate the week.
This approach keeps us all connected. VA employees can look forward to virtual trivia sessions and stories about amazing VA employee accomplishments. Events also will include promotional videos to highlight these contributions and an interactive photo challenge:
Stay tuned for photos of you, your teammates and other VA team members in the daily VA Insider during PSRW 2020. On your mark, get set, strike a pose!
- Monday, May 4: Sunlit Inspiration – Show us your home office or workspace. Tell us why it inspires you (for example, the view from your window, decor, etc.). Don’t include images with personally identifiable information (PII).
- Tuesday, May 5: ICARE – Show us you care with a photo of yourself with an ICARE certificate or performing work that embodies ICARE principles.
- Wednesday, May 6: Celebrate What’s Right in the World – Share a picture of something that gives you hope, makes you feel proud, and inspires you to do the work you do every day.
- Thursday, May 7: Everyone Needs a Helper – Share a photo of your work buddy… furry friends welcome!
- Friday, May 8: #1 Fan – Show Your Team Spirit! – Share a photo of you sporting your favorite team memorabilia.
Please send photos to PSRWPhotos@va.gov, along with an image release waiver. You can begin sending photos now.
Special video of VA employees
Many members of the VA family are serving on the front lines to ensure we continue to carry out VA’s mission. VA sincerely values and appreciates each of you. Here’s a special video recognizing the wonderful men and women of VA who admirably serve our nation’s heroes.
Public servants include teachers, doctors and scientists… train conductors and astronauts… nurses and safety inspectors… laborers, computer technicians and social workers… and countless other occupations. Day in and day out they continue to fulfill their duties during a public health crisis—even at personal risk—to provide the diverse services demanded by the American people
Many public servants risk their lives each day in service to the Constitution and people of the United States and around the world. These people include including military personnel, police officers, firefighters and border patrol officers. They also include embassy employees, aid workers, health care professionals, intelligence officers and others.
Join us for PSRW as we celebrate our most valued asset, YOU!
This article is courtesy VA’s Office of Resolution Management, Diversity & Inclusion.