As the country’s largest integrated health care system, VA puts considerable resources into recruiting the most qualified clinicians. We rely on these accomplished individuals to provide every single Veteran with the top-notch care they deserve.
In carrying out our mission to serve Veterans with the best and brightest, we’ve developed the Total Rewards of VA Employment Physician Careers brochure and flyer. This information package — the first in a series — comes packed with details about the benefits of serving over 9 million Veterans enrolled in VA.
“At VA, physicians discover more than a job. They find a career with competitive pay, opportunities for growth and mobility, a wealth of benefits and rich rewards,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “These materials showcase all that a VA career offers, on top of a base salary.”
Get the package to explore a VA career yourself or share it with colleagues, friends and networks. Here’s some of what’s covered:
- Compensation: Competitive salaries, performance awards and regular increases.
- Coverage: Health, dental, vision, term life and long-term care insurance and liability protection.
- Retirement benefits: Social Security, pension (with possible credit for military service) and Thrift Savings Plan, a 401(k)-type plan.
- Generous paid time off: Nearly 50 days off for full-time VA physicians.
- Growth opportunities: Continuing education, in-person and virtual training, and leadership skills development opportunities.
- Other perks: Work from anywhere with one active license, relocate with ease, receive employee assistance and apply for student loan reimbursement.
Learn about student loan and continuing education programs. Read quotes from other physicians about how they benefit from a VA career. And with informational links, you and your family can research how VA’s total rewards stack up to the rest.
Watch this space for more Total Rewards materials related to other VA career tracks, including nursing, mental health and more.
Ready to grow your career with VA? Start with the Total Rewards package today: