When watching a movie, it’s easy to think that everything is real and true and lifelike. It’s no surprise that that isn’t always the case, especially with military movies. That’s how Marine Veteran Dale Dye got involved. He wanted to tell Hollywood the right way to portray the military on screen.
Dye’s journey to becoming a military technical advisor started when he was a young man. He often overheard his father’s inspiring World War II stories. He enlisted in the Marines after seeing a Marines poster.
In service, Dye became a combat correspondent and he often documented battles and life in the Marines during the Vietnam War. It was this experience that he later drew on to advise Hollywood film directors on how to accurately portray the military. His love for the military inspired him to influence the next generation through films, books, and even video games, so he created Warriors Inc. to provide Hollywood with technical advisors for all things military related.
As Dye discussed his experiences, he covered the following topics:
- His military career in the Marines during the Vietnam War where he received three Purple Hearts and a Bronze Star with a Combat “V.”
- His military consultant business Warriors Inc.
- His 141 credits in film, television and video games.
- His new projects.
- His books and publishing company Warriors Publishing.
- His struggle and treatment of his PTSD.
He emphasized the importance of not only having knowledge about what you are getting into but also knowing that there are people who have gone through the same thing as you that want to help support you.
CLICK HERE FOR THE FULL TRANSCRIPT
Additional Helpful Links:
- Dale Dye Blog: http://daledye.com
- Publisher Website: http://warriorspublishing.com
- Warriors Inc: Twitter: @WarriorsInc, warriorsinc.com
- Warriors Inc. Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/106899160353/
- Overview of The Last Full Measure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHPqBwbUKSc
#BtBattle Veteran of the Week
- Marine Corps and Army Veteran Mitchell Red Cloud
Michelle Cannon is a podcast intern with the VA’s Digital Media Engagement Team. She is currently a graduate at Liberty University studying Professional Writing.