We’re in the final countdown to the 2019 Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Innovation Experience (iEx), taking place Oct. 22 and 23. For those attending or streaming the event live, the ideas and solutions are even bigger and bolder than last year’s event. Below are the 10 events you don’t want to miss!
- 2019 VHA Shark Tank Competition (#VHASharkTank) – See all the action live as Competition Finalists pitch their practices to both Network and Medical Center Director Sharks. In just two minutes, they’ll demonstrate how their practice makes a difference, what it takes to implement, and – most importantly – why the Sharks should choose their practice. Tune in to see the pitching and innovation live!
- iEx Talks (#iExTalks) – iEx Talks are about the stories behind the innovation, and the people, employees, and Veterans who have initiated change. Hear from 21 VHA storytellers as they take you on their innovation journey. They will inform, inspire, and show you how innovation is changing and saving Veterans lives.
- #hackthenetwork Exhibit– More than just a hashtag, #hackthenetwork is a chance for attendees at iEx to influence the future of innovation at VHA. This open, interactive workspace uses human-centered design practices to generate ideas for how the VHA Innovators Network (iNET) can move forward with its work. The ideas and solutions presented at the exhibit will be synthesized and analyzed to plan the future of iNET.
- Vijay Govindarajan’s Keynote – Hear from Vijay Govindarajan, popularly known as “VG,” as he shares his Three-Box Solution and how it can apply to innovators throughout VA. Much more than an overview presentation, VG will provide specifics on how VHA can evolve and adapt.
- Zen Chu’s Innovation Discussion – Hear from a leading mind in health care innovation and management when Zen Chu, a Faculty Director and Senior Lecturer at MIT and Managing Director of Accelerated Medical Ventures, delivers a discussion on creating partnerships that allow VA to innovate and flourish.
- iEx Demos (#iExDemo) – More than 80 demonstrations from VA employees across the country will show the breadth and depth of the work being done across VHA. From bike share programs to new forms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) therapy, these innovations are the future of care at VA.
- The State of Innovation – The VHA State of Innovation report will debut at iEx and deliver far more than statistics and figures. Those who pick one up will find engaging spotlights, narrative stories, and special features. You’ll read about a small cross-section of the innovative solutions, services, and technologies developed within VHA.
- VHA iEx Award Ceremony – iEx isn’t just a way to share the work being done through the VHA Innovation Ecosystem but a chance to celebrate it as well. To that end, the top innovations, as voted on by a panel of expert judges, will be honored at the event along with the Innovator of the Year Award being presented. This event celebrates the hard work and dedication VA employees show every day.
- Experience Center – For those in attendance, the Experience Center at iEx is a chance to go hands on (or even feet on) with the innovations everyone will be hearing about. Attendees will experience innovations like virtual reality (VR) that’s helping treat PTSD and telehealth solutions that are helping treat rural Veterans. It’s the best way to engage with innovation!
- Stories – The most important aspect of all the innovative work at iEx isn’t the clinical numbers or the statistics or the speakers but the Veteran lives that are affected. iEx gives you the chance to hear those stories, to experience how Veteran lives are changed, and to understand how innovation is saving them.
Don’t miss a moment of iEx!
Registration is now closed but you can experience the innovation live by watching the events on the VA YouTube page. Make sure to follow along by subscribing to the VHA Innovation Ecosystem’s email and following us on Facebook and Twitter.
Learn more about all the exciting events at iEx here!