At VA, Veterans are the focus of an all-star patient care team that provides the very best treatment. And when it comes to perioperative care, our anesthesiologists are often the real MVPs.
Explore a central role administering anesthetic care to the nation’s heroes at Anesthesiology 2019 in Orlando from Oct. 19-23. Head to VA Careers Booth 211 to discuss VA careers with healthcare recruiters Shane Stults and Ken Mitchell.
“Anesthesiologists are not only in demand at VA, but are highly valued members of the team,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment Marketing at VA. “We invite conference attendees to ask questions about our generous benefits package, which includes premium-paid health insurance, an incredible leave policy and, in certain cases, financial support with student loans.”
Explore a rewarding career
The Anesthesiology Annual Meeting, sponsored by the American Society of Anesthesiologists, is an opportunity for more than 14,000 global anesthesia professionals to gather and discover the latest advances in the specialty, grow professional networks and learn about innovative technologies.
Be sure to check out these and other Veteran-related sessions at the conference:
- Oct. 20, 7:45 a.m.: “A Quality Improvement Study to Reduce Day of Surgery Smoking Rates Among Veterans Undergoing Elective Surgery.”
- Oct. 21, 10 a.m.: “An Analysis of Perioperative Eye Injury in a Veterans Affairs Inpatient Surgical Population.”
In between sessions, get more information about VA’s competitive benefits package, generous leave policy and free liability coverage as part of federal service. As a VA anesthesiologist, you may also qualify for higher education support through the Education Debt Reduction Program and various other scholarship opportunities.
VA also offers you the chance to work by the beach, in a city or in the countryside, and take your benefits with you. With one active U.S. license, apply for an open position at VA facilities in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa and the Philippines.
Other perks that come with choosing a VA career as a physician include:
- Flexible work schedules and shifts.
- Diversity and inclusion policies and programs.
- Low patient-provider ratios.
- Leadership development and mentoring programs.
- Career training and enhancement opportunities.
- Dining options and a tax-free retail store.
- A smoke/drug-free workplace.