Trailblaze. Innovate. Inspire. Champion.
Those who lead VA medical centers as Executive Directors make a dramatic and lasting difference in the lives of Veterans enrolled in VA healthcare and in the well-being of the entire community.
For licensed Physician/Dental Officer or Health System Administrators who want that impact, apply for open positions in 13 cities: Amarillo and Big Spring, Texas; Butler, Pennsylvania; Chicago and Hines, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Grand Junction, Colorado; Leeds, Massachusetts; Poplar Bluff, Missouri; Saint Cloud, Minnesota; Syracuse, New York; Tucson, Arizona; and West Palm Beach, Florida.
Executive directors carry out key decisions that directly impact Veterans’ healthcare at a local level and implement initiatives that advance the quality and delivery of care at more than 170 VA medical centers around the country.
Choose VA to shape care
Executive directors also shape the medical facility’s culture and service to the most diverse population of Veterans in history.
“Strong, effective leadership is crucial to providing the best healthcare for our Veterans,” said Darren Sherrard, associate director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “We look to our VAMC executive directors to ensure that employees work in an inclusive and supportive environment and are free to administer high-quality care.”
Executive directors report to the Veterans Integrated Service Network (VISN) director for their region and are responsible for the financially sound direction and operation of their medical centers.
VA leadership positions also come with a robust benefits package:
- Competitive salary and premium-paid medical, vision and dental insurance.
- A generous retirement that includes Social Security, a federal pension and a 401(k)-type plan with up 5% in employer contributions.
- Up to 49 days of paid time off per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave and 10 federal holidays).
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses (conditions apply).
Choose VA to lead
VA is also seeking candidates to fill these other senior leadership positions:
- Associate directors and assistant directors in a variety of roles.
- Associate directors for Patient Care Services and other nurse executive positions (see related story).
- Chiefs of staff in various cities.
- Senior executive service deputy under secretaries, executive directors and others.