This week’s round-up of Veteran news and resources:
- The National Disabled Veterans Winter Sports Clinic will kick off this Sunday. Check out this story on how it can positively impact the lives of disabled Veterans, and follow VA Adaptive Sports on Twitter for updates and photos from the event.
- We introduced new forms that will help streamline the disability claims process. Veterans filing for benefits can now visit private doctors more easily to complete their evaluation form. Read more here.
- I had the privilege to attend a convening of the Military Child Education Coalition this afternoon and came away very impressed with their work. I’ll write about what I learned next week, but in the meantime, check out their site to learn how they have worked to improve the lives children in military and Veteran families.
- Summer is a good time to recharge after spring semester, and it’s an opportunity to prepare for the fall. Bookmark our GI Bill page to apply for education benefits online, learn more about different programs offered, and even tips on choosing the right school for you. Follow our GI Bill Facebook page as well.
- Veterans are used to adapting to tough situations, working in small teams, and operating in high stress environments. Sounds like a small business doesn’t it? Learn how to create your own business, get information on upcoming conferences, and more.