Are you ready to take Veterans’ healthcare at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to new levels of effectiveness? Are you prepared to pioneer new ways to put Veteran-patient safety at the center of medical care at VA? Can you use communications to raise awareness of all that VA offers to Veterans and their families?
If so, VA invites you to apply for three newly opened senior executive positions:
- Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Operations and Management (DUSHOM) at the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) in Washington, D.C.
- Deputy Executive Director of VA’s National Center for Patient Safety, in Ann Arbor, Michigan, who promotes a culture of safety across VA’s regions of care and at local medical centers.
- Executive Director of VHA’s Office of Communications in Washington, D.C., who oversees an $8.5 million budget.
“Each of these positions offers the right executive a singular chance to improve healthcare access, policy, safety and services for millions of Veterans and their families,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “VA also offers relocation assistance, which reflects the desire to cast a wide net to find the most qualified executives for these roles.”
The DUSHOM, a position that opened after the retirement of 40-year VA veteran Steve Young, serves at VA’s headquarters, a few blocks from the White House. This job involves overseeing VA’s national healthcare system priorities — such as service reliability and uniformity — and manages field operations for all 18 Veterans Integrated Service Networks.
The Deputy Executive Director position, open to a qualified physician, dentist, health science officer, nurse or pharmacist, assists the National Center for Patient Safety’s Executive Director in carrying out VHA’s high-visibility patient safety improvement initiatives.
The communications Executive Director assists the VHA Under Secretary for Health in managing all of communication programs and activities, which raise awareness of health-related benefits and services.
Choose VA to lead
VA is also seeking candidates to fill the following other types of senior leadership positions:
- Senior Executive Service Deputy Under Secretaries, Executive Directors and others.
- Nurse Executive positions, including Associate Directors for Patient Care Services, Nurse Associate Chiefs and others.
- Associate Directors and Assistant Directors in a variety of roles.
- Chiefs of Staff in various cities.
Choose VA today