With Valentine’s Day here, show your family how much you love them by providing for their long-term security and well-being. Candy, flowers and chocolates are always a crowd pleaser, but make sure you consider getting VA insurance to ensure the ones you love are taken care of no matter what happens in life.
Did You Know?
VA’s Insurance Program is the 14th largest insurance program in the U.S., providing coverage under multiple programs of insurance protection for service members, Veterans and their families.
Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI) is a low-cost, group-term life insurance program for service members. Eligible service members are automatically issued the maximum SGLI coverage. You can conveniently designate beneficiaries and update them as needed by logging onto the SGLI Online Enrollment system.
VA also offers other life insurance options to cover service members and their families, including:
- Veterans’ Group Life Insurance (VGLI) provides separating service members the ability to convert their SGLI coverage to a program of renewable term coverage. Separating service members have one year and 120 days from their date of separation to apply for VGLI. If they apply for coverage within 240 days of their date of separation, they don’t need to answer health questions.
- Family Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (FSGLI) provides life insurance coverage to spouses and dependent children of service members with full-time SGLI coverage. Service members are the automatic beneficiaries of FSGLI coverage. Spouses insured under the FSGLI program have the option to convert spousal coverage to an individual insurance policy within 120 days of the date of the service member’s separation from the military and other key life events, such as the death of, or divorce from the service member.
- Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance Traumatic Injury Protection (TSGLI) provides short-term financial assistance to severely injured service members and Veterans during their recovery from traumatic injuries. TSGLI is not only for combat injuries but provides coverage for injuries incurred on- or off-duty. TSGLI is automatically included with your SGLI coverage.
- Service-Disabled Veterans’ Insurance (S-DVI) provides life insurance coverage to Veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- Veterans’ Mortgage Life Insurance (VMLI) provides mortgage life insurance protection for severely disabled Veterans.
Remember, VA insurance can be an affordable gift that keeps on giving for years to come. Don’t miss out on taking full advantage of this important benefit!
Have a question? Send it to our online inquiry system or call 1-800-419-1473 for SGLI Programs support or 1-800-669-8477 for support with any other VA life insurance programs.
Share The Love
Make sure your family and colleagues know how to use their insurance benefits. Share this article today!