Lead the most innovative and important initiatives in Veterans’ healthcare at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): Become a Deputy Chief Medical Officer (CMO/DCMO) at the Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM).
VA is actively seeking OEHRM DCMO candidates located in or willing to relocate to Washington, D.C.; Seattle, Washington; and St. Louis, Missouri. These leaders will manage the healthcare information revolution as VA executes the 10-year transition to a new patient-records system. The $10 billion electronic system will synchronize with records held by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD).
Choose VA to lead the Veterans’ care transformation
“OEHRM is setting a new standard in the development of electronic health records and in the seamless sharing of patient data between VA and DoD,” said Darren Sherrard, Associate Director of Recruitment and Marketing at VA. “OEHRM leaders will be at the forefront of this transformation, which promises to drive better clinical outcomes by giving providers a fuller picture of Veterans’ medical histories.”
VA OEHRM Deputy Chief Medical Officers are Title 38 senior executives who oversee and execute informatics strategy and closely coordinate with DoD peers. They work with the larger VA leadership team to manage VA’s annual budget of approximately $68 billion and provide quality patient care and services to more than 9 million enrolled Veterans.
Choose VA to make an impact
Candidates must be broadly familiar with clinical treatment modalities, administrative and clinical support systems, and multifaceted healthcare delivery systems. This role requires the application of leadership and communication skills, clinical knowledge, healthcare informatics expertise and knowledge of national healthcare policy.
VA is looking for Deputy Chief Medical Officer candidates also prepared to:
- Share best practices, processes, structures and policies with DoD to develop lasting solutions for electronic health record (EHR) and non-EHR systems.
- Oversee change management and training needed to implement the EHR management solution.
- Manage and monitor budgets and productivity improvements.
- Collaborate with VA executive management to design and implement improvements to Veterans’ healthcare.
Choose VA today
Lead the delivery of healthcare to our nation’s Veterans: Choose a career as a Deputy Chief Medical Officer.
- APPLY for open OEHRM DCMO positions.
- EXPLORE other VA senior leadership positions.
- LEARN how to Choose VA at www.VAcareers.va.gov