VA awarded 13 major leases to improve access to care and deliver health-care facilities to Veterans.
These awards are a result of VA’s leasing business transformation effort to improve the timeliness of the lease procurement process.
“These awards are the next step in increasing access for our Veterans across the country,” said VA Secretary Robert Wilkie. “VA stands firm in ensuring our Veterans are treated in state-of-the-art facilities and continue to access the high quality of care VA is able to provide.”
The transformation effort aims better to align VA’s lease procurement processes with those of the private sector and other federal agencies with an emphasis on increased competition, cost savings and speed to market. The following developers and locations were selected following a competitive lease procurement process:
- Charleston, South Carolina Primary Care – Size: 75,000 Net Usable Square Footage (NUSF) Developer: Carnegie Management and Development Corporation; Site Location: Corner of Rivers Avenue and Hanahan Road, North Charleston, South Carolina
- Chattanooga, Tennessee Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC) – Size: 75,000 NUSF; Developer: US Federal Properties Co., LLC; Site Location: 6401 Shallowford Road, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Houston, Texas Research and Development – Size: 47,942 NUSF; Developer: Texas Medical Center; Site Location: 2450 Holcombe Blvd., Suite 1, Houston, Texas 77021
- Lincoln, Nebraska CBOC – Size: 72,000 NUSF; Developer: Johnson Development, LLC; Site Location: 600 South 70th Street, Lincoln, Nebraska 68510
- Lubbock, Texas CBOC – Size: 94,000 NUSF; Developer: US Federal Properties Co. LLC; Site Location: Northeast corner of 4th Street and Knoxville Avenue in Lubbock, Texas
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina CBOC – Size: 84,000 NUSF; Developer: GuvCar, LLC; Site Location: Northwest corner of Howard Avenue and Airpark Drive, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- New Port Richey, Florida CBOC – Size: 114,000 NUSF; Developer: SASD Development Group LLC; Site Location: 7932 Little Road, New Port Richey, Florida 34654
- Phoenix, Arizona CBOC – Size: 203,000 NUSF; Developer: US Federal Properties Co. LLC; Site Location: 32nd Street and E. Van Buren Street Phoenix, Arizona
- Ponce, Puerto Rico CBOC – Size: 107,388 NUSF; Developer: AJM Management LLC; Site Location: State Road PR-14 Km. 3.7, Manchuelo Abajo Ward, Ponce, Puerto Rico 00716
- Redding, California CBOC – Size: 77,000 NUSF; Developer: SASD Development Group LLC; Site Location: 3455 Knighton Road, Redding, California 96002
- San Antonio, Texas CBOC – Size: 190,800 NUSF; Developer: US Federal Properties, LLC; Site Location: East Corner of Rogers Road and Texas Highway 151
- Tulsa, Oklahoma CBOC – Size: 140,000 NUSF; Developer: SASD Development Group LLC; Site Location: 8965 S. Mingo Road, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74133-5716
- Bakersfield, California – Size: 30,100 NUSF; Developer: SASD Development Group, LLC; Site Location: Vacant land located along Knudsen Drive, where Oliver Drive and Knudsen Drive intersect; address to be determined
VA is committed to delivering these projects as quickly as possible, while continuing to comply with all federal procurement laws and regulations.
For more information on VA’s leasing business transformation visit: https://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=4016