Big congratulations to Anabel Quintanar, RN-BC, MSN, for winning the 2018 VA Secretary’s Award for Excellence in Nursing and Advancement of Nursing Programs! The award is the highest honor for nursing within VA, and hundreds of nominees are considered each year.
Get to know Nurse Quintanar:
• From Guadalupe, California—which Quintanar describes as “a small, migrant community town with many Vietnam-era Veterans”
• A Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) RN float nurse in the Santa Maria & San Luis Obispo Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs)
• Board certified in ambulatory care nursing by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) with 10 years’ experience
• The president and founder of Central Coast Nurse Professionals (CCNP)
• Recognized by international publisher Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins for her expertise and has contributed to text books and other publications
• A member of the American Academy of Ambulatory Care Nursing (AAACN) and annual participant in its leadership conference
VA thanks Nurse Quintanar for her persistent hard work and commitment to serving America’s Veterans and raising the standard of excellence in nursing. “What an amazing honor to have been selected. I feel very blessed to work for the VA and our nation’s heroes,” she says. Interested in a career where you’ll be supported along your path to success? Join an organization that recognizes your accomplishments and drives you to achieve more—for our Veterans and for your future. To get started, search for opportunities near you and apply today.