On Tuesday, June 26, at 12 p.m. EST, VA’s Office of Connected Care and American Veterans (AMVETS) will host a Facebook Live event featuring My HealtheVet.
My HealtheVet Director Theresa Hancock and Director of Dental Operations and Secure Messaging Champion Dr. Gregory Smith will talk about My HealtheVet – VA’s award-winning online personal health record. It gives Veterans, service members and their dependents anywhere, anytime access to VA health care information, personal medical records and other services.
My HealtheVet is a free, easy to use, private and secure patient portal. It empowers Veterans and service members to take charge of their health and well-being as active partners with their health care teams.
“Veterans may not be aware of how easy it is to access information from their VA health record through My HealtheVet or the wide variety of services available through VA’s patient portal,” said Hancock. “You can get your VA health information whenever and wherever you have a computer or mobile device and an Internet connection. Join us for a discussion during this Facebook Live stream to learn how to get key information from your VA personal health record.”
Currently, more than 4.3 million people are registered My HealtheVet users. Individuals with a basic account can use My HealtheVet to enter and track their health information. More than 2.5 million users have signed up for a premium account, which gives access to all the portal’s features. All Veterans who receive VA health care can get a premium account. Features available to premium users include access to:
- Key parts of their VA electronic health record
- Online scheduling to request, schedule and manage primary, mental health and certain specialty care appointments
- Secure messaging to communicate about non-emergency matters with their VA care teams
- VA prescription refill (also available to Advanced account holders)
All Veterans can benefit from My HealtheVet, and those who receive health care through VA can access the portal’s full suite of features to manage their care. The upcoming Facebook Live stream will help you learn how.
How do I tune in?
The event will be hosted as a Facebook event by AMVETS. Participating is easy:
- Click the event post to get a reminder about the event.
- Visit AMVETS’ Facebook page on June 26 at 12 p.m. EST.
- Click on the video, make sure that it is unmuted and turn up the sound.
- If you would like to participate in the discussion, type your questions into the comments section under the video, and experts will respond during or following the event.
Be sure to tune in. For those unable to attend at that time, the event video will be archived and available on AMVET’s Facebook page for later viewing.