Brain Trust: Pathways to InnoVAtion is designed to foster debate, as well as facilitate national, partnership-based solutions in the general area of traumatic brain injury (TBI) and head trauma. This annual event is designed to promote forward-thinking dialogue and innovative collaboration among private industry, national/professional sports organizations, the federal government, innovators, scientists, athletes, clinicians, care-givers and Veterans.
Watch live coverage of #VABrainTrust 2017 on May 17 and 18 here:
Day 1 (May 17) will be a high-level convening with plenary and break out sessions focused on identifying critical brain health solutions to better serve Veterans and their families.
Day 2 (May 18) will include an Innovation Demo Day where industry and academic innovators can “pitch” or demonstrate their current innovations in the areas of TBI and head trauma.
Read some of our previous coverage of #VABrainTrust 2017 here on Vantage Point:
- Mindfulness meditation: A promising tool to help reduce chronic pain and opioid use
- Head First: How the GE/NFL head health initiative became a catalyst for technology and innovation for brain trauma
- VA and Warrior Care Network team up for Brain Trust 2017
- Navy Reservist on a continuing mission to help prevent Veteran suicide
- Brain Trust event designed to inspire critical health solutions slated for Boston