VA’s Center for Women Veterans partnered with Veteran Artist Program (VAP) to highlight women Veteran artists this year. Ten storyboards featuring images of their art, along with photos of the women in and out of uniform and brief biographies, are designed to raise awareness of the creativity, service and sacrifice of women Veterans, as well as their diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are incredibly excited to announce that Starbucks is displaying individual storyboards, such as the one pictured below, from the exhibit at the following 10 locations for the month of April.
- 7511 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Virginia
- 565 Cross Creek Mall, Fayetteville, North Carolina
- 6783 Veterans Parkway, Columbus, Georgia
- 1423 Papillion Drive, Omaha, Nebraka
- 1126 Central Park Drive, O’Fallon, Illinois
- 700 Canal Street, New Orleans, Lousinana
- 6600 Fannin, Medical Towers Houston, Texas
- 10314 South Tacoma Way, Lakewood, Washington
- 2517 East Craig Road, North Las Vegas, Nevada
- 1150 West State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, Tennessee
After being featured at 10 VA medical centers nationwide throughout March, the full exhibit will be on display at the following VA medical centers in April; it will then travel on to three new VA sites monthly:
- VA Boston Healthcare System, Boston, MA
- Orlando VAMC, Orlando, FL
- VA Sierra Nevada Health Care System, Reno, NV
Check back on our exhibit page for updates on where the exhibit is going next and for information on events, to hear podcasts featuring some of the artists, and more. Videos of these resilient women talking about their service and creative journeys, along with art by ten honorable mentions, are also on the dedicated VAP webpage.