When Got Your 6 first got on my radar, I wasn’t sure what they did. Years later, I still wasn’t convinced I understood their mission. Then, a few weeks ago, their Executive Director Bill Rausch interviewed Secretary Shulkin for our YouTube Live event. After the event, I invited him to join me on the podcast and he enthusiastically agreed. We had a very informative and fun conversation regarding his service, Got Your 6, the Veteran space, collaboration among organizations, a conflict of guilt some veterans have, and even beards.
Bill Rausch is the Executive Director at Got Your 6. He is a former Army Major with over ten years of service including 17 months in Iraq serving under Generals Casey and Petraeus while assigned to the Information Operations Task Force. Prior to joining GY6, Bill was Political Director at Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America where he oversaw policy and advocacy campaigns.
Bill is also an active community leader and volunteer serving as Chapter Captain for Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) in his local community in Alexandria, VA. He also serves on the Board of Directors at Volunteer Alexandria, an organization promoting volunteerism across all charity sectors.
Covered in Episode 24:
- Veteran of the Day FAQ
- Interview with Army Veteran Bill Rausch
- Why he joined the Army
- His experience in the military
- Getting out and getting back in again
- Top beards in the Veteran space
- The mission and direction of Got Your 6
- Four Veterans that he admires that have him excited
- Get involved with VA Volunteer Services
- #VeteranOfTheDay Army Veteran Onnie Roberts Stanley