Your end of week roundup of Veterans news and resources:
- Historically, we haven’t been great at determining how well student Veterans are performing. That’s why VA teamed up with Student Veterans of America and the National Student Clearinghouse to get a better grip on the graduation rate of student Vets. This will help all of us better understand what we do right, and what we need to improve.
- Despite some challenges, Veterans are leaving the service to continue with successful lives. We profiled 12 of them for our portrait project Strong at the Broken Places—an effort to show the nation what resiliency looks like. The project is ongoing, so if you’d like to participate, drop us a line.
- Sen. Chuck Hagel, a Vietnam Veteran and former deputy administrator for VA, was nominated to head the Pentagon as the new Defense chief.
- Veterans are used to adapting to tough situations, working in small teams, and operating in high stress environments. Sounds like a small business doesn’t it? Learn how to create your own business, get information on upcoming conferences, and more.
- Frankly, our old homepage wasn’t great. It was ugly, clunky, and confusing. We resigned VA.gov, so check it out if you haven’t been in awhile, and leave feedback in the comments. We’ll do our best to incorporate ideas.