This week’s roundup of Veterans news and resources:
- With no down payment needed, VA-backed home loans are among the best in the business. If you’re looking to buy your own home, check out our resource page for more information and to see if you qualify.
- The Paralympic Games are underway in London, and our Veterans are going for gold. Read about Scott Winkler’s journey from his injury in Iraq to competing on the world stage as he competes in the shot put category. Earlier this week, Naval officer Brad Snyder took gold in swimming.
- Like many VAntage Point readers, I’m attending college using VA education benefits. But I found some fellow Vets felt isolated from the rest of their classmates. Check out my piece in The Atlantic that explores how student Veterans deal with the social challenges when going back to school.
- Speaking of student Vets: Iraq Veteran (and newly molded 2LT) Don Gomez outlined a blueprint for success for student Veterans last year, and it’s still relevant today.
- Want to know more about what ails you? The A-Z Health Topic Index helps you find information on a variety of health concerns.