This week’s breakdown of news and resources:
- We’ll be talking a lot about the National Veteran Small Business Conference for the next few weeks. From June 26-28, Veterans will converge in Detroit to network, team, and partner with acquisition decision makers. In addition to that, a free Hiring Fair with thousands of jobs, in addition to a VA Open House, will be on the grounds. Find out more (and register) here.
- VA’s Women Veterans Task Force has released a draft report that addresses issues unique to female Veterans. We’ve made strides in the care of female Vets, but there’s still much work to be done. Read the report, and then share any comments and recommendations here.
- There’s been a lot of talk about traumatic brain injury (TBI) this week. Check out our TBI resource page to read about symptoms, the screening process, and options for recovery and rehabilitation.
- I was proud to hear from many Veterans who graduated in the class of 2012, but we still have lots of folks who will be in class this fall. Bookmark our GI Bill page for information, resources, and announcements. Our GI Bill Facebook page is another resource to keep track of what’s happening with your benefits.
- Speaking of social networks, VA is on Twitter. Follow us for news and commentary on Veterans issues, and links to Veterans benefits information.