Hi, everybody. As we move toward this week’s holiday, here are some links you might find useful. Feel free to use this thread to sound off on the news stories below or let us know what else is on your mind.
– With the dedication of a new 239,000-square-foot building, Fort Worth, Texas now has the largest VA outpatient clinic in the country.
– If you’ve seen the current benefits handbook for Vets, you know there’s a lot of information that isn’t terribly easy to sift through. Now, VA is launching a pilot program to produce personalized health benefits handbooks. These will be tailored to your service, your location, and more.
– Say you’re in a rural area and driving a hundred miles to see your doctor is a hassle. Or you need to see a specialist who’s at another hospital. Now, many VA physicians can conduct video evaluations over a computer–much like you’d talk to someone face-to-face using Skype or Yahoo Messenger. It’s called “telehealth.”
– The Puerto Rico outpatient clinic is expanding.
– Flu season is fast approaching, so be sure to get your shot!