Your intel report this week:
- A couple of weeks ago, we responded to the media’s stampede to connect post-traumatic stress to a murder, and the dangers that come with a rush to conclusions. Flash forward to this week, when both Stars & Stripes and Time Magazine followed suit, urge similar caution in the wake of sensational news stories.
- VA has not historically been a place where women felt comfortable. But many more women now serve in the military than in the past, and services for female Vets are now expanding. Because of that, a female Vet was the first to receive all her prenatal care at the George E. Wahlen VA Medical Center in Salt Lake City.
- The National Center for PTSD is a one-stop shop for information for mental helth resources, treatment options, and more.
- A licensed psychologist new to VA wants to hear from Veterans: What makes a health provider stand out? How can she connect with you to provide the best care possible? Leave a comment on her blog post.
- Volunteers are a vital part of VA’s mission. Read about one Veteran committed to serve others, and check out our volunteers page to find out how to get involved.