This week’s featured interview is with retired Army General Gary Profit. Gary is the Senior Director of Military Programs at Walmart. Walmart is a leading employer for Veterans and their spouses. Gary connected with us to talk about Walmart’s initiatives to improve the experience of their Veteran employees, the importance of employing Veterans, his service in the Army, and more.
After more than 31 years of U.S. Army service, Brigadier General Gary M Profit retired on February 28, 2006, and, until October 2008, he was Director of Human Capital Management Solutions; International Programs; and Department of Defense Business Transformation Agency Programs, Civilian and Homeland Security Solutions, General Dynamics Information Technology, in which capacities he led a premier provider of lifecycle human capital management technology/service solutions and international technology transfer/export control service solutions for federal agencies and strategic communications service solutions at DOD BTA, respectively. He is currently Senior Director of Military Programs, Walmart, where he directs a synchronized enterprise strategy and complementary implementing programs to attract, recruit, and hire; grow and develop; and retain talent from military community constituencies and leads a collaborative team of military employment brand, reputational interests, and consumer brand professionals focused on veterans and military families for the leading global retailer.
Covered in Episode 43:
- Secretary Shulkin’s remarks at AMVETS National Convention
- Interview with Army Veteran Gary Profit
- Why he decided to join the Army
- His experience in the military
- Retiring from the Army and transitioning out.
- Walmart’s Military Program
- Differential pay for service members
- His work as their Senior Director
- Presidential Memorial Certificates
- #VeteranOfTheDay Marine Corps Phil Ayers