It’s our mission to train and educate the next generation of health care professionals. That’s why over 65% of all US-trained physicians, and nearly 70% of VA physicians train in VA prior to employment. In an unyielding effort to improve the quality of VA care, the Office of Academic Affiliations (OAA) oversees clinical training programs and develops policy for over 40 health professions. Through effective clinical learning environments, we strive to continuously attract and retain the highest quality professional staff who identify and develop new specialized clinical training opportunities.
To learn more and explore VA’s expansive clinical health professions training programs please view the following links:
- Medical and Dental Education
- Associated Health Education
- Advanced Fellowships and Professional Development Programs
- Nursing Academic Partnerships
- Centers of Excellence in Primary Care Education
- Patient-Centered Specialty Care Education