This past year, VA’s Facebook gained nearly 350,000 new followers — helping us cross one million total page likes — and our posts were seen more than 219 million times. We covered Medal of Honor ceremonies, joined our nation in honoring Veterans during the holidays and brought you many Veteran stories throughout 2015.
As we begin 2016, please continue to share your stories with us and let us know when you need help or how we can serve you better. We look forward to hearing more from you in the New Year and improving where we can.
These were the Facebook posts you enjoyed the most in 2015.
1. U.S. Army Capt. Groberg rushed and tackled a suicide bomber approaching his patrol, it detonated next to him. This video reached nearly 7.5 million people on Facebook.
2. When Fort Hood’s “Hug Lady” passed away late in December, you shared her story and your memories with us so much so that the story reached 7.3 million people.
3. This Vietnam Veterans Day post reached nearly 6 million Facebook users.
4. This “A Tribute to Vietnam Veterans” video featuring the voice of popular actor Sam Elliott was seen by 5 million people.
5. U.S. Army Specialist Tyler Roberts and his teammate captured 5 million people’s attention on #NationalDogDay.
6. On Veterans Day, this message reached more than 4.2 million Facebook users thanks to your likes, shares and comments.
7. This video posted a few days after the Marine Corps Birthday was seen by more than 2.5 million people. It’s never too late to go to the Marine Corps Birthday Ball.